Experience a more fulfilled, enhanced & pleasurable sexual self
Sex therapy is a specialized area of psychotherapy in which concerns are viewed through the lens of the bedroom. To address sexual concerns, I focus on the strengths of my clients using a solution-focused and skills-based approach. I address concerns that may be hindering clients of their fullest sexual expression using a person-centered approach that is open-minded, sex-positive and nonjudgmental. Because sexual experiences often take place in the context of relationships, I also use a comprehensive model of intimacy and emotionally focused therapy (EFT) to enhance sexual and emotional intimacy.
Sex therapy is for Everyone. At the end of the day, being human means we are sexual beings. As sexual beings, we all carry complex sex histories. These sex histories include lifelong family and societal messages that affect our sexual functioning, body image, and relationships. Sex therapy can help a person explore his/her past sex history and find solutions to enhance the present and future. Not only are humans sexual beings but we are one of the few animals that have sex for pleasure. Sex therapy can help everyone experience a more fulfilled, enhanced and pleasurable sexual self.
Common concerns for WOMEN
- I get right to that edge of orgasm, but can’t seem to go over.
- Every time my partner enters me, my vagina burns with pain.
- When my partner tries to enter my vagina, it tightens up preventing penetration.
- I am recovering from breast cancer and struggling to make intimacy work again.
Common concerns for MEN
- I can get an erection by myself, but not with my partner.
- I often ejaculate within 20-60 seconds of entering my partner.
- I struggle to ejaculate and have an orgasm with my partner.
- I am recovering from prostate cancer and struggling to make intimacy work again.
Common concerns for COUPLES
- My partner and I used to have great sex and be on the same page. The past few years, we have dramatically different levels of sexual desire.
- I am not sure if my relationship is fully satisfying me sexually and emotionally.
- My partner had an affair and I feel like I’m being swallowed alive. I want to save the relationship but I don’t know where to start.
- My partner and I are getting married soon and want to smooth over some sexual differences.
Common concerns for SEXUAL DIVERSITY and ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLES
- I am a gay man and would like to tell my family about my identity, but I am very nervous about this.
- I have never felt comfortable with my biological gender.
- I am in an open relationship with two partners, but my primary partner is starting to experience strong feelings of jealousy.
- My partner and I would like to explore sex with other people, but we don’t know how to start this process.
- I really enjoy bondage play, but I don’t know how to bring this up to my partner.
- I am a heterosexual male who likes to dress in women’s clothing. It turns me on, but I’m scared to tell my girlfriend.
- I really like sucking on toes and feet, but my wife doesn’t know. I’m scared to introduce this to the relationship.